Sugar Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Powder

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars

Go down 
+4
Namklim
etewxok
straightedgeminion
sootyxsnowpetal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 3:37 pm

good? it depends on people you know^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga/sakuradan/
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 7:16 pm

saku_no_haruka wrote:

I meant if you watch them all in a row, it might be long. Each movie being from 2 to 2.5 hours would put the entire thing at over 6 hours long.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 9:33 am

Namklim wrote:
saku_no_haruka wrote:

I meant if you watch them all in a row, it might be long. Each movie being from 2 to 2.5 hours would put the entire thing at over 6 hours long.
oh really?
I think I can survive^^
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 4:14 am

I could survive as well, just I'd want to go do other things too... while watching the movies.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Namklim wrote:
I could survive as well, just I'd want to go do other things too... while watching the movies.
You have a point there^^
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Chances are that I'd go grab my DS while watching the movies. Since I've seen them, I don't need to watch everything.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Well.. I don't have much time to watch them=_=
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 12:01 am

Yeah, not many people do have the time to watch them all at once.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 am

Namklim wrote:
Yeah, not many people do have the time to watch them all at once.
at least you understand me^^
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:06 pm

It comes from paying attention I suppose. Most people have things they want to do, so they don't sit around for 6 hours straight watching movies, unless they are doing a movie marathon with friends or something like that. But that's an entirely different thing all together.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 pm

6 hour straight of movie isn'T good for us...
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 1:55 am

saku_no_haruka wrote:

Neither are a lot of other things, but here in America, that doesn't matter.
I'm just saying that for the most, it's only during a movie marathon that most would watch them straight.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Namklim wrote:
saku_no_haruka wrote:

Neither are a lot of other things, but here in America, that doesn't matter.
I'm just saying that for the most, it's only during a movie marathon that most would watch them straight.
I live in America too but we don't watch it that long^^
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 12:14 am

saku_no_haruka wrote:

I live in America too but we don't watch it that long^^

I was referring to the part about "that isn't good for us." It is my firm belief that in America, the important thing isn't what is or isn't good for us, but how to make people feel better about themselves. I believe this, because this is what I have seen in America. I do not mean to sound preachy or anything, but I have very low expectations for the future.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 8:30 pm

I find it funny how other people from other countries think of Americans. True, America's youth are getting fatter and fatter by average and shorter and shorter. I had a teacher who taught U.S. History and everyday he'd preach to us about how stupid Americans were becoming. You'd come out feeling depressed.

I don't have the patience to sit around and watch Star Wars movies. One movie is usually enough for me to want to get out and go outside.
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:17 pm

I can spend more than six hours on the computer or watching T.V. But I did get sick from doing that right after school ended!

-sigh- Everything in America seems to be going bad, the people and the economy........Stocks are all down and gas is up.

And everything Sooty-Chan said before is so true...The US History teacher in my school feels the same way......
Back to top Go down
http://lallanda.myminicity.com/
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm

US History in my High School was kinda lame. We didn't catch up to current events... The teacher I had was one of a small few that I didn't really like. But when I made that statement, I wasn't referring to the health and whatnot of the youth. If they want to watch all the movie, go ahead. What I was referring to is that they can blame something else for the results, AND IT'S ACCEPTABLE. America is becoming a land of blameshifting: If something goes wrong, it was NOT your fault, someone else is responsible.
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:28 am

But it is easier to blame someone else then admit it....

If it wasn't your fault and someone else's, then who is to blame? Bush? o.o
Back to top Go down
http://lallanda.myminicity.com/
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 3:34 pm

you're right^^
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 7:51 pm

etewxok wrote:
But it is easier to blame someone else then admit it....

If it wasn't your fault and someone else's, then who is to blame? Bush? o.o

I know it's easier, the sad part is when it is considered acceptable. People want to know what's wrong, and the refuse to accept the idea that they aren't perfect and thus, make mistakes. That or people get overly concerned with who's to blame, that they don't actually fix the problem (though this version is usually more political).
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Ah... Bush. I feel bad for him. He's not a great president, but the policies of the government aren't all his fault. Who was it? I don't know, but one of the recent members of Bush's administration that dropped out or something wrote a book on the lies and the fraud that had been going on. Of course, the Republicans pretend to be confused and things like that. So, mostly it's the background people whom we don't know that are creating the problems.

Why are we talking about politics? Beats me.

I was never good at politics, anyways. This is just stuff that my history teacher talked to us. I'm not close to be old enough to vote, so, ah.... yeah I don't really get into politics.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 3:39 am

I've never really cared much for talking about politics either. Probably because it's more corrupt than I'd care to admit. It's rather annoying to see them in there, and I wonder what goes through their minds. Then I go do other things that are more entertaining and less confusing.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Haha... that sounds exactly like what most people do in the US.

"who cares about politics?!"
"no one."
"exactly."

Yeah, I'd rather waste my time doing something entertaining than listening to a bunch of people telling us things they "promise" us to do but you know is... not that possible or as easy as they make it sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2