Sugar Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Powder

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi Empty
PostSubject: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:44 pm

yay!!!!! this is my favorite manga and i'm also a moderator of a IGC that's talking about it ^^
Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi AliceGakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi Gakuen
Gakuen Alice (学園アリス, Gakuen Arisu?) is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Tachibana Higuchi, currently being serialized in the shōjo manga magazine Hana to Yume.[1] It was adapted into an anime series, produced by Aniplex and Group TAC which spanned twenty-six episodes, originally premiered on NHK BS-2, between October 30, 2004 and May 14, 2005. The anime was translated and dubbed into English by the anime television network, Animax, which has then been broadcast in its respective networks within Asia.[2]
Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi Alice_promo09Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi Gakuen_Arisu_Fanbook
Story
Gakuen Alice is the story of a 10-year old girl, Mikan Sakura, who is devastated when her best friend, Hotaru Imai, transfers to a special school for "genius" kids in Tokyo. After hearing horrible rumors of what happens in the Academy, Mikan runs away from home to seek out her dear friend, and finds that the school Hotaru transferred to, Gakuen Alice, is specifically for children who each have a special power called an "Alice". To Mikan's surprise, a teacher at Gakuen Alice, Narumi, discovers that she too has a unique Alice, leading to her admission into the school.

The story is primarily focused on Mikan and her experiences at the Academy, from the everyday bore of classes and exams, to the unexpected clashes with the Anti-Alice Organization (AAO). Despite her initial view of the so-called greatness of the school, Mikan slowly finds out that beneath the grand facade of the Academy lies a never ending stream of lies and deception.

Mikan meets a boy named Natsume, whom she initially hates from the very start of the story, but would eventually start to like. And in turn he begins to form an interest in her. Natsume has the Alice of fire and is in the Dangerous Ability class. Natsume hates the Academy and is forced to do its dirty work. Narumi thinks that Mikan holds the key to save Natsume and change the academy.

Along with the many friends she comes to make, including Natsume's best friend, Ruka Nogi, and the class representative, Yū Tobita a.k.a. Iinchō, Mikan comes to love the Academy and its teachers, but its increasingly manipulative and sinister actions toward her make it a dangerous place to be.

Setting
The Gakuen Alice is located somewhere in Tokyo (in the Anime it is across from a huge gorilla billboard.) The size of the school grounds resembles the dimensions of a sprawling estate. The grounds are enough to contain three levels of education (elementary, junior high, senior high) along with a Hospital, the Main Building, and the Central Town, where shops managed by Alice-bearing artisans sell goods that came about with the help of their Alices.

In the anime, the Academy has its own monetary system, the Rabbit (Rt). One Rabbit equals 100 yen. However, in the manga, the Academy uses yen as their primary currency. There are four forests surrounding the estate, the most visited one in the manga version being the Northern Woods where the infamous "Mr. Bear" resides.

Communication is limited in the Academy. Even letter-sending is limited to only once in a long time. The reason: because of their abilities, children with Alices are prime and lucrative targets for kidnappers and slave traders. Escapees are deterred by concentration camp-style barriers (like heavy security and electrified fences).

However, honor students and those getting the highest exam scores have the privilege of going home and visit some of their relatives for one week. Topnotch students in the Final Examinations get other perks as well, like free meal tickets and certifications, and money as well as a week-long leave.

[edit] Alices

Alice Type
Latent Type- Most students at the school are in this class. Alices here are the most traditional, or better known as super powers. It's the most normal class and students here are of the serious type. An example would be the Illusion Alice.
Technical Type- Just like its name, any experiment can create an Alice level. The Alices in this type are based on technology and research fields. Most students are involved in their individual works, so it's the quietest class. An example would be the Chemistry Alice.
Somatic Type- This type is not filled with inventions or practice unlike other classes. The Somatic Alices are based on the body of humans, animals, and other living things. An example would be the Animal Pheromone Alice.
Special Ability- Basically, this class is for students with Alices that don't exactly fit in any of the other three classes. Their powers are different and the class is mixed. The specialty of the class can be described as chaotic or peculiar. Some of the rarest Alices belong to this class. Some examples include the Doppelganger Alice, Shadow Manipulation Alice, and Nullification Alice.
Dangerous Ability- This is considered to be an extra type. The Alices in this category may be classified under one of the above types, but some characteristics make them dangerous to the school. This class is very different from all the others and could also be described as an occult.

Alice Shape
Every Alice is categorized as one of four shapes, which specify how much of it can be used and how often.

Childhood: The Alice slowly appears and disappears as the child with it grows into an adult.
Diffuse: The Alice is always available, but at a relatively low power level.
Intermittent: The Alice can only be used for a short period at any time, but at a relatively high power level.
Limitless: The Alice can be used as often and as much as desired, but each use impacts against the user's own life and can kill them if overused.

Star-Ranking
A star-ranking is the evaluation system that the Academy uses to judge a student's school work, Alice level and attitude. There are four rankings which are indicated by the number of gold stars on a student's collar.

No-Star: Students who are below-average. This is mainly reserved for children.
Single: Students who are pretty much average. Most of the students in the Elementary Division have this rank.
Double: Students who are more of an over-achiever than Singles but aren't exceptionally brilliant at either their studies or use of their Alice.
Triple: Students who usually are deemed as "over-achievers" and tend to excel at either their studies or use of Alice or both.
Special: Students who are considered the best of the best, signified by a lapel in the shape of a star enclosed in a circle (though rarely seen in the anime). Those who excel tremendously in their Alice and, if they care, their studies--to put in short, geniuses. Also known as the "Principal students."
Each star ranking has its own monthly allowance rate.

No-Star: 5 Rabbits: (500yen)
Single: 30 Rabbits: (3000 yen)
Double: 50 Rabbits: (5000 yen)
Triple: 100 Rabbits: (10,000 yen)
Special: 300 Rabbits: (30,000 yen)

Control Device
There are specially design prevention devices made for a particular person. There are numerous devices worn on the head, hand, and such that can emit tracking signals. Each kind has sealing abilities (the locking away of Alice within the device). There are also control devices for punishment purposes like the Cat Mask. Anyone who wears these devices and disobeys the higher-ups, are punished by the devices. It immediately sends a pulsating electric shock throughout the body. These devices can only be removed by the person who placed it on.

Main characters

Mikan Sakura (佐倉蜜柑, Sakura Mikan?) Voiced by: Kana Ueda
The cute and (overly) energetic Mikan lives only with her grandfather and attends a run-down elementary school. Upon hearing that her best friend, Hotaru Imai, is off to another school, it didn't take long for Mikan to decide that she will literally follow Hotaru everywhere she goes. Mikan discovers that the new school, Gakuen Alice, is rather a special one. As it was tried and tested, Mikan can actually nullify any kind of Alice force thrown at her. As a result, Mikan is like a walking barrier that no one can affect. It is for this reason that she is being closely watched by the school. Naturally, Mikan had a hard time adapting to her new school life but her outgoing and sincere personality eventually wins them over. She manages to turn everyone into friends and even admirers. The only person she can't seem to understand her feelings very well towards is Natsume. Later they both reveal their love to each other indirectly.
Hotaru Imai (今井 蛍, Imai Hotaru?) Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
Hotaru Imai is Mikan's best friend. She is extremely intelligent and rational. During the story, though she may appear to be rather cold and indifferent on the surface, it is apparent that she genuinely cares for Mikan. She has the Alice of Invention, and during her time at the country with Mikan and her grandfather, she created many strange but useful inventions, often made to look like animals. She knows that Ruka has a crush on Mikan. She also knows who Mikan likes. Hotaru breaks the fourth wall by teaching the audience about her inventions. The other characters see her explaining her inventions to apparently no one.

Natsume Hyūga (日向 棗, Hyūga Natsume?) Voiced by: Romi Paku
Stoic and scary but cool, Natsume may be icy on the outside but is actually fiery on the inside. Born with the Flame Alice, Natsume is expectedly hated and feared by many students and teachers because of his dangerous ability. Despite this, he is the top student in the class. Natsume is often seen with his best friend, Ruka. Other than Ruka, the fire starter didn't really get along well with the others until Mikan came along. At first, her optimistic nature was like a poison to him but gradually, he softened up to her and going as far as developing romantic feelings for her. Natsume's past is shrouded with mystery and nobody really knows what goes on in his mind. But one thing is for sure, he is extremely suspicious of the adults in the academy. He is involved with the school's secret missions for reasons unknown. Though he really doesn't like doing it, the threat to endanger his classmates and especially Mikan's welfare forces him to be at their mercy. They do that because they know that Natsume would give his life for her.

Ruka Nogi (乃木流架, Nogi Ruka?) Voiced by: Miwa Yasuda
Ruka is Natsume's childhood friend and often referred by Mikan throughout the story as "Ruka-pyon". He is a gentle and generous person, characteristics that balance out Natsume's personality. His animal pheromone Alice allows him to get along with animals, a fact that he is embarrassed of and often blackmailed over. Despite this, he often carries a rabbit with him. He knows Natsume (his best friend) has a crush on Mikan, and he also has a crush on her. In episode 19, Ruka plays Snow White in a play and Mikan was forced to play the prince. But at the very end, her teacher told her to improvise and kiss him on the lips, Natsume threw an apple at Mikan to stop her in fits of jealousy.

Narumi (鳴海, Narumi?) Voiced by: Akira Ishida
Narumi is the homeroom teacher of Mikan's class (class B). He teaches Japanese and often deals with Natsume when he gets in trouble or tries to break out. He has the human pheromone Alice; he can make other people do what he wants by attracting them, but children pass out. Mikan calls Narumi "father" because she misses her grandfather so much. Narumi is too young to be called "grandfather" so he asked Mikan to call him "father." He 27 years old. Later in the manga, it is found that he harbored unrequited feelings for Mikan's mother. It is proven that he is not Mikan's father, but he made a promise to Mikan's mother that he will take care of Mikan during her stay in the Academy. He is of course, concerned about Mikan and Natsume.

Last edited by saku_no_haruka on Tue May 20, 2008 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga/sakuradan/
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:47 pm

this is an anime that i recommend very much!!!!!!!!!
it's also a manga that i recommend too^^
you can see the manga in
manga fox or download the manga in our website( you must be a member)
if you want to see the anime
go to veoh or crunchyroll^^
more infomation : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Academy
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyFri May 23, 2008 4:27 pm

I love the manga and anime. Go Mikan and Natsume!!! Bounce
Back to top Go down
http://lallanda.myminicity.com/
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyFri May 23, 2008 5:21 pm

yup !!
they are the best cute couple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptySat May 24, 2008 1:26 pm

I hope Ruka gets Imai. It would be wierd but cute!
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptySun May 25, 2008 10:44 am

that would be great
the most important couple who need to be together is MIKAN AND NATSUME!!
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:36 pm

I knew someone would post this xD

I LOVE THIS MANGA TOO!!! In my opinion though, the anime... sucks... except for episode 16 which is the most funniest episode I've seen in my life. Yeah

GO NATSUME AND MIKAN! The latest chapters are just...frickin'... awesome. SO much Natsume and Mikan! *squeal*

I was really disappointed when they were skipping the May 20th issue... and I'm sure lots of others were too. That doesn't mean that I am going to sulk and complain that it's stupid to skip an issue. That's annoying >< But wouldn't you be disappointed too when your favorite manga isn't coming out in the next issue?
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:04 am

It'd be great if someone did 20 - 28. I want to see them dancing...

Oh, I heard that someone was doing a petition online for the second season.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyMon May 26, 2008 6:06 pm

etewxok wrote:
It'd be great if someone did 20 - 28. I want to see them dancing...

Oh, I heard that someone was doing a petition online for the second season.
Someone already scanned them...
I'm at chapter 98 now...
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:45 pm

They did? O.o I read it on online websites and it's always missing. Who scanlated it?
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:31 pm

etewxok wrote:
They did? O.o I read it on online websites and it's always missing. Who scanlated it?
may people
in fact i don't know who!!!
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyWed May 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Lol. I'll try and find it. Thank You.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:08 pm

etewxok wrote:
Lol. I'll try and find it. Thank You.
there is till chapter 97 sorry
the chapter 98 will be release June 5th and chapter 99 will be release on June 20
there is many chapter on the site
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/34/gakuen_alice/
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:01 pm

Yay! School would be out by then. I should spend my time reading missing chapters...
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 pm

DANG! I had some absurd thought that chapter 98 came out June 2, and Special A too, which is why I checked Irhene Gakuen Community and Sora-san's Minami-maki-fan livejournal, but NOOOO of course I was wrong and now I have to wait more!! I shall control my breathing and slowly count to 1000 while I calm down.... be patient..... a few more days.... (I appreciate everyone's hard work but you gotta admit, the wait is a killer)
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm

sootyxsnowpetal wrote:
DANG! I had some absurd thought that chapter 98 came out June 2, and Special A too, which is why I checked Irhene Gakuen Community and Sora-san's Minami-maki-fan livejournal, but NOOOO of course I was wrong and now I have to wait more!! I shall control my breathing and slowly count to 1000 while I calm down.... be patient..... a few more days.... (I appreciate everyone's hard work but you gotta admit, the wait is a killer)
oh yeah you're a member there right?
no i postd the scans of chapter 98 but it isn't good quality we need to wait a long way to have it!!
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Really? where? I can't seem to find them.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:42 am

really? go to IGC and we usually see the topic somewhere...
it's called Chapter 98 scans :evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi   Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi Empty

Back to top Go down

Gakuen Alice by Tachibana Higuchi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Powder  :: General Board :: Manga-
Jump to: