Sugar Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Powder

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ice Skating

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:59 pm

I went to skate yesterday at an iceskating arena. It was more like I was walking really slowly...But it was really fun, until I fell. It felt so cold! I knew I should have taken the figure skating lessons when I was in 4th grade. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://lallanda.myminicity.com/
Namklim

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:21 am

Iceskating usually results in pain. So we don't do it too often... went over the summer though. It was indeed fun... I think we then we ate and went home to play video games. Maybe it was something else... went over to that friend's house a lot around that time, so the cries of pain from my opponents in Mario Party might have been another night.
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:18 pm

I already know I suck, I suck at sports so yeah.
I love Mario Party. I used to have the first one, always played it, but my brother would always beat me. I want the one on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Honestly, there are too many games of chance (random guessing) for me. But sometimes they are pretty fun. One thing we've noticed about Mario Party is that I generally win. No matter what happens, I'll pull out on top. We've even done a 20 turn game where I almost never rolled higher than a 5, and never got the star, and still won. We're pretty sure the Gamecube hacks for me.
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 9:47 pm

For me, I usually end up third or fourth place. I think it's also because I never took the time to read the directions, but I was 7 then! My sister would always pick Yoshi and my brother would pick Mario. I just randomly picked one!
Back to top Go down
Namklim

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 pm

I usually use Luigi, but the character doesn't really matter except for computer controlled.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 4:43 pm

WHOA! Video game maniacs rule!

My friend has a Wii and owns the game Mario galaxy something... and they have no idea how to save it. It's amusing watching them try stuff. ^^

Ice skating.... it brings back so many wonderful memories. For my 4th grade trip we all went ice skating in an IceZone place, or whatever, and it was slow at first, but I eventually got used to it. That's what always happens to me (including when I went skiing), but I ALWAYS (I'm forever doomed) have to fall some terrible fall when everyone else only falls a slight fall or something. I broke my glasses..... glad I don't wear them anymore. ><
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 8:46 pm

The only game I pwn at is Harvest Moon. ^^ It's a farm game. I've only played with the girl characters.

I saw a Mario Galaxy comercial in Japanese once. It's so cool. But there are all these specific controls. It would be so cool to play since you can go upsode and every direction!

I also had to be careful, I still wear glasses. My mom won't let me get contacts.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:40 pm

No contacts? That just about sucks. I get extremely annoyed when I take off my contacts at night and have to go around with my dorky glasses (not really dorky, but I feel dorky). Everything is so much easier with contacts, like going to water parks, swimming (although you always have to wear goggles), etc.

Mario galaxy is really cool! Right now my friends are playing it ... downstairs. Sometimes, you even have to just swing the Wii control in circles like a crazy maniac and it makes Mario twirl around a plant or something and he makes that "wahoo!" sound that's his trademark ^^ I'm rambling...

OH ! And congratulations on our second double release ^^
Back to top Go down
straightedgeminion

straightedgeminion

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: contacts/iceskating   Ice Skating EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 3:53 pm

I've wanted to take lessons since I was little, but where I'm from, there isn't really any nearby. and by now, it's pretty hard because your body has developed and has gotten stiffer when you were a child. I still love to watch it on T.V. though. I always go crazy when the winter olymipcs are on xD

the thing with contacts for me, my dad says that I really should stick to glasses until I really need them. Both him and my sister didn't like them but hey it's not for everyone. I've never tried them but if I ever get around to trying out for track i will :-)
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:36 pm

My friend got contacts. She was wearing glasses when she was very little, but now she's always squinting her eyes, trying to get used to them..

I love the olympics, there so much fun to watch. I remember watching Ice Princess. Always wanted be one of those little kids taking lessons! XP
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:26 pm

Ice Princess! I remember that movie! I've seen it about three times now...

For me, contacts are a lot easier for everyday use ^^ After you get used to putting them on, you take 10 seconds putting them on each morning and you're set for the day =D Of course, there's the long and painful lesson of poking your eye learning to do that...

Skating is something I've wanted to always do too! I really admired Michelle Kwan when I was little because she was a really famous Asian skater, and especially because she's Chinese. I love watching skating... it's so dreamy ^^
Back to top Go down
straightedgeminion

straightedgeminion

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Ice Princess   Ice Skating EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:15 pm

I Know! :DD

I think that she made a guest appearance in Ice Princess too. It's too bad that she's 27 now and is losing her touch :/ She was always my favorite too. I remember there was this one time that she was beaten by Sara Hughes for the gold. I was pretty upset, but people from her hometown seemed to be enjoying it a little too much... -_-

speaking of the olympics, anyone hear that the olympic torch got extinguished in France?!?!?
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:28 pm

I never heard of anything like that. Reminds me of an April Fools' Joke, the Tower of Pisa fell over.

I remember watching a show where this kid wanted to learn how to skate. He got new skates, and a whole bunch of blisters, they say you need like special pads to protect your feet.

I love Michelle Kwan. Go Asains! Wink
Back to top Go down
straightedgeminion

straightedgeminion

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:48 am

etewxok wrote:
I never heard of anything like that. Reminds me of an April Fools' Joke, the Tower of Pisa fell over.

I remember watching a show where this kid wanted to learn how to skate. He got new skates, and a whole bunch of blisters, they say you need like special pads to protect your feet.

I love Michelle Kwan. Go Asains! Wink

My dad told me but I don't think he was joking :/ just another bunch of protestors in France about having the Olympics in France... Politics, won't get into that but ya for it's "protection" it had to be or something...

I think you do actually...

Haha Yep! cheers
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:23 pm

I think there having protesting in China about the 08 Olympics.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 7:55 pm

etewxok wrote:
I think there having protesting in China about the 08 Olympics.

My parents, being Chinese and all, are raving about how China is the perfect place for the 08 Olympics and France or whatever country that is opposed to it can just shut up and die in a little hole. >< *no comment*

I personally think that China is a great place to hold the Olympics! I mean, it's just a location for international games to take place. There's more significant means to it than that, but it's not the end of the world and there's still the next four years or the next time after that. I mean.... protesting over that is STUPID! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:12 pm

My mom is Chinese too, but she says the Olympics would be a waste. After all of the hotels and stadiums are built, what are they gonna do with it then? The Olmpics are in different places everytime. Also, the people who had to leave their home might live in hotels turned apartment, meaning they lose money from rent, even though the gov't gave them money.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:17 pm

etewxok wrote:
My mom is Chinese too, but she says the Olympics would be a waste. After all of the hotels and stadiums are built, what are they gonna do with it then? The Olmpics are in different places everytime. Also, the people who had to leave their home might live in hotels turned apartment, meaning they lose money from rent, even though the gov't gave them money.

That goes to show the difference of opinions ^^;

They ARE spending a lot of money for it, and since there are, naturally, benefits to hosting the Olympics and spending money on new finer buildings, there are, naturally as well, disadvantages as well. There always is a little both.
Ooh... that was a nice feng shui moment ^^
Back to top Go down
deepaquamichi

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 4:38 pm

I agree with the money thing. It is a waste of money, when they could be furthering the country more. I mean, China's even offering to get special jets so that if there's a chance of rain, they'll shoot somehing into the cloud so that it can rain in the morning. That costs like thousands per jet! China has too much of an obsession with making things extremely perfect and trying to show off.

Furthermore, they're not protesting because the Olympic Games are in China. They are protesting the China's human rights violations, such as with the Tibetans. They are protesting that a country that violates human rights shouldn't be hosting the Olympics, which the message of is world peace and union. China's attacks on the Dalai Lama aren't the best things in the world either (terrorist, devil in disguise, wolf in sheep's clothing)

xD And some people are afraid to participate in China because of pollution and what not. I think one American runner was saying he wouldn't go because he had asthma and was afraid running in the Olympics would be bad for his lungs.

Of course, I'm not bashing on China. I really do think it's great that my country of origin is hosting the Olympics. It's very exciting! And it'll give some fame to my country :D

However, I don't think we should be ignorant people and blatantly indulge and say China is perfect and amazing. Look at both sides of the story before we present, otherwise we will seem ignorant and the stupid ones, and other countries will really think we're stupid.

You do have to realize that some of the protesters have a point, and there are some bad things that China is doing.

We can't say China is supah dupah great and perfect in everything! China's awesome. But it's not utopia.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Alright! That basically sums up everything!

Yeah, I agree that China has a lot of bad things, with its smokers to spitters to litterers (xD) and pollutioners, but it's also a great place to visit for cool historical stuff and whatnot, just to get to learn about the culture. So yeah, it has its ups and downs. bounce
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 9:49 pm

My teacher told me that Tibet people used ot be controlled by China, then was freed. Now the Chinese think they can take over Tibet people again.

I know the smog is pretty bad there. People are always wearing masks in the morning.

In truth, it is true that Asians try to be perfect. I do that a lot, but I've learned that everything can't be perfect, especially when you are doing art.
Back to top Go down
straightedgeminion

straightedgeminion

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 4:15 pm

deepaquamichi wrote:
I agree with the money thing. It is a waste of money, when they could be furthering the country more. I mean, China's even offering to get special jets so that if there's a chance of rain, they'll shoot somehing into the cloud so that it can rain in the morning. That costs like thousands per jet! China has too much of an obsession with making things extremely perfect and trying to show off.

Furthermore, they're not protesting because the Olympic Games are in China. They are protesting the China's human rights violations, such as with the Tibetans. They are protesting that a country that violates human rights shouldn't be hosting the Olympics, which the message of is world peace and union. China's attacks on the Dalai Lama aren't the best things in the world either (terrorist, devil in disguise, wolf in sheep's clothing)

xD And some people are afraid to participate in China because of pollution and what not. I think one American runner was saying he wouldn't go because he had asthma and was afraid running in the Olympics would be bad for his lungs.

Of course, I'm not bashing on China. I really do think it's great that my country of origin is hosting the Olympics. It's very exciting! And it'll give some fame to my country :D

However, I don't think we should be ignorant people and blatantly indulge and say China is perfect and amazing. Look at both sides of the story before we present, otherwise we will seem ignorant and the stupid ones, and other countries will really think we're stupid.

You do have to realize that some of the protesters have a point, and there are some bad things that China is doing.

We can't say China is supah dupah great and perfect in everything! China's awesome. But it's not utopia.

My dad says its not really because of what's happening in Tibet. He thinks it's more because they're scared of china's rising power, as they were pretty small before.

It's a pretty big deal for the chinese, they're all pretty excited. The olympics is held every four years everytime in a different place. It's a big deal of money for wherever it holds it... Good thing it's only every four years O_O
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 4:21 pm

Apparently Tibet has always been a part of China. They've never really broke off of China after becoming a part of it, and it seems that it won't come to that even with rebellion. Just look at what the rest of China has! A lot more people for one, and more military power.

BTW, this topic has NOTHING to do with ice skating anymore. It's really strange.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:34 pm

sootyxsnowpetal wrote:

BTW, this topic has NOTHING to do with ice skating anymore. It's really strange.

Tuesday's coming, did you bring your coat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ice Skating Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ice Skating   Ice Skating Empty

Back to top Go down

Ice Skating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Powder  :: General Board :: General Board and Spamming Central!-
Jump to: