Sugar Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Powder

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New School Year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: New School Year   New School Year EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 6:20 pm

For some of us, school starts up again tomorrow. For others, it will start in a week or two. So, anyone looking forward to going back to school?
Back to top Go down
karin
Admin
karin

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 7:05 pm

:3 Well, it'll be fun for the first week or so, but then it's going to be boring and tedious...and everybody says that 7th grade is going to be the worst school year yet...at least I get to wake up like...at 7:20 instead of 7:10...ten minutes...heh. I think it's going to be fun being on the yearbook staff though ^.<.
Back to top Go down
http://sugarpowder.wordpress.com/
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 1:46 am

I don't see why 7th grade would be the worst, so it probably won't be too bad. I use to have to get up earlier than 7 in high school though, Mom had work at 7 as was our only ride. It was kinda fun to get to school before teachers did. Kinda cold though...
Back to top Go down
karin
Admin
karin

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Well...mostly it would be that I have to take Speech class and the science teacher...is...afblhsaafchemrhm chocolate <3er.
Back to top Go down
http://sugarpowder.wordpress.com/
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:42 am

karinchu~ wrote:
Well...mostly it would be that I have to take Speech class and the science teacher...is...afblhsaafchemrhm chocolate <3er.

Speech would probably be annoying, especially if you do not like standing in front of people and talking. I had fun science teachers, but I have no idea what you were trying to say about yours.
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:14 pm

This year I get a horrible Science teacher. He makes fun of people. Also, any pictures or drawings you do must be colored. If you don't, it's already a C. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://lallanda.myminicity.com/
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:35 am

etewxok wrote:
This year I get a horrible Science teacher. He makes fun of people. Also, any pictures or drawings you do must be colored. If you don't, it's already a C. Neutral

My High school Biology teacher had us color our drawings, but I didn't mind. He was a lot of fun. During our free time, he'd talk about his previous occupations and experiences, as well as mix chemicals and do random experiments. He'd poke fun at some people every now and then, but it was in good humor, and no one was offended. Though that last bit was mostly during hurdles, which at the time he was the coach of.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:25 pm

I know this is late...xD school DID start on the 18th! and we had a hurricane the day after =P

I kinda have two science teachers. One teaches me biology from a book... by Cecie Starr. Huh. She teaches through powerpoints and I can't help but want to fall asleep in that class. And my other teacher is really...annoying. It's a research/beginning physics class set up for AP physics B. Well, I'm only a freshman so I don't know if any of the teachers later on get better or not.

I don't have speech... i have DEBATE. And i'm required to go to competition at least once per nine weeks... for a GRADE. Ugh.

I could go on about my classes for some time. AND omg math! i'm only textbook smart there.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 4:48 am

Speech is half the reason I'm busy. One time I came to class, and was assigned to to give my Informative 5-7 minute speech in two days... it was not cool. But I still got a B. The speech itself was good, but i had lots of random small things that messed me up - all of which were do to the lack of time I had to prepare.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 3:43 pm

i'm starting LD in debate now. ooh... I'm going to blue key debate tournament next week =P in class, we're starting original oratory, and we just finished congress and duo interpretation.

it's a new school year and my school has already lost two people from our school family =( during the summer, one of the very young female teachers passed away in a heart attack, and just tuesday night a senior accidentally shot himself while cleaning a handgun while on the phone with his friend. it's sad, really.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 4:48 pm

I don't mean to sound rude/etc, but how do you manage to shoot yourself while you are cleaning it? Granted, I have assumed that you would take out the ammo and leave safety on... that's a horrible way to go though.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 7:17 pm

I really don't know. he was supposed to know everything about guns since he was training for military or something (I wouldn't know) but I guess it was just a moment of foolishness. And apparently that foolishness cost him his life.

I feel sad and pitiful that someone has to die that way. I mean, I wouldn't find it strange that someone died through disease or old age, but to die because you 'accidentally' shot yourself is just plain sad. And again, I don't mean to be rude. It's just that you really don't want to be playing around with a gun, whether or not you think it's on safety or without ammo.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 6:12 am

Well, normally cleaning a gun shouldn't be a problem, but I guess he was somewhat distracted since he apparently left at least one bullet in it... Well, nothing we can do about it now, so I'm going to go sleep now, as it is after 3 am, and i have 2 midterms tomorrow (Biology and Japanese)... this will not be fun.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 5:07 pm

He just wasn't making a good decision...

*gasp* going to sleep that late isn't good O.O well, who am I for judging what's good or bad? Good luck on paying attention on midterms... you've probably finished them by now though.

I'm heavily preparing for my competition Friday to Sunday on the November/December topic: Resolved: In a democratic society, felons ought to retain the right to vote.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 5:45 am

I remained sane after doing the midterms. I do not know how I did in Biology, but Japanese was good enough. And again, it is near 3, so I am going to go sleep as some anime has not updated... stupid not updating.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Haha, yeah, I know. I'm really desperate to not do my homework because it makes me depressed xD. That's why I constantly look for updates on manga sites and fanfiction, because it makes me forget about doing loads of math homework or writing essays.

Well, I'm off memorizing coordinates and symbols for the unit circle. Ooh, what fun.

Anyone been following the American elections? I'm watching them tally the final results right now, and Obama is whooping McCain butt by a lot. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New School Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New School Year   New School Year Empty

Back to top Go down

New School Year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Powder  :: General Board :: General Board and Spamming Central!-
Jump to: