Sugar Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Powder

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beijing Olympics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 7:31 pm

Nene~~ the olympics are only two days away and i'm excited! i'm planning on getting up early or staying up late to watch the ceremonies. SO. what are you all looking forward to (if you are looking forward to anything, that is)?
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Gymnastics, diving, swimming, and running. Mostly gymnastics and swimming. And I'm rooting for China all the way. :)
Back to top Go down
http://lallanda.myminicity.com/
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:22 pm

ooh are you chinese? so am i ^^ i'm going to be rooting for china and america as well... but i'll probably stay out of it when it's america vs. china though...

my cousin's in beijing with tickets to see the basketball part. he's the typical "love basketball" athletic type of person. he got tickets from his friend to go see it, and i'm really jealous >>

i remember the last time the olympics were on, i watched the diving part (because my parents wanted to show me that china was really good at diving>>) i remember seeing the running and diving part of gymnastics... um, i always watch swimming! i'm going to try to watch parts of everything, because the olympics are that fun to watch ^^
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 5:31 pm

Yes, I am. The only thing I know about basketball is the the ball going back and forth, then shoot.

I've seen the pool they're using, it's HUGE.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:11 am

I always forget to watch the Olympics. Unless my dad comes and turns in on, I'll probably completely forget about it until other people bring it up. So ummm... go team?
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:45 pm

haha, my parents are forcing me to watch the opening ceremony. it's 8:08 in the morning for me, so tomorrow i will have to get up earlier than my usual summer get up time. --_______-- at least it's a good time, unlike some people who have to watch it at one in the morning or something!

basketball... it gives me bad memories. they say that just because you're tall means that you're good at basketball, but NO WAY. i gave the ball to a person on the other team -______- ugh i hate it xD

niiice. a big pool for the best of the best in the world ^^ it's only natural for the pool to be big.

hey, etewxok, are you attending the olympics?
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 1:51 pm

and, well, america isn't showing the opening ceremony. darnit.

so i'm just glad that we get the chinese cable as well, and so my parents were watching the chinese news all morning. i saw pictures as well!
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 2:06 pm

Nope, I wish. I don't even have a passport. I'm watching it tonight. At like 7:30?

Whenever I play basketball, the ball somehow always hits me on the head....
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 2:17 pm

haha... at least i have some sort of coordination. i can't shoot, i can't dribble, i can't pass the ball. i'm useless ^^;;;;

i have to wait until tonight to see it too >< the chinese cable isn't showing everything, just bits through another room with people discussing about it. no full length videos though.

waahh you've never been to china? no passport??? wow i would hate not going to china. they say the pollution was bad, but i still loved going through the streets and bargaining for items. they have just about everything right outside your door in the streets. in the morning you could just walk outside and there would be shops open, ready to sell you breakfast xD and all the cool tourist attractions are fun and the scenery is SO pretty.
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:44 pm

If I ever went I'd visit my grandparents house. When you compare their house to those around it, it's SHORT.

I'd also visit my aunt's noodle shop. Yum!
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 3:57 pm

i'd visit the few cousins i have. OH yeah! i'd visit my three new baby cousins! ^^ i love babies because they're so cute and all, and i can't wait to go see them! before long they'll be all grown up and not cute - -

my aunt is such a travel freak >> she'd take us everywhere and make us try everything to eat and see everything. apparently the chinese do a lot of walking and bicycling, so when an american goes to china, they should be prepared to walk off their butts because there's so much of it (walking). i got so tired walking everywhere!
Back to top Go down
Namklim

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 8:44 pm

Yeah, Americans are pretty lazy in comparison to some other countries. I have yet to get a passport, so I've never left the country. When it comes to coordination, I'm fairly decent. I can play basketball, and other sports (not any good at them, except Ultimate Frisbee), but my specialty is still in video games. I completely forgot to look for the opening ceremony, but apparently I didn't miss anything.
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 8:46 pm

haha, i'm the type of person who has no experience in sports but gets good grades =3

i'm watching the opening ceremony right now! my parents were freaking out that they'd leave out and cut out clips from the original, so they forced me to watch the chinese original xD Ah well, the 9 year old girl singing is still there. =P but they have too much commercials ><

ooh back to the show =D
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:12 pm

The NBC one cut out like half of it. And TVB won't show it.. Shake head

I thought it was amazing. But I thought they would have singers sing Beijing Huang Ying Ni.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:45 pm

I caught part of NBC's later that night. I laughed at the end of the run with the guy (I forgot his name) running along the wall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beijing Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beijing Olympics   Beijing Olympics Empty

Back to top Go down

Beijing Olympics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugar Powder  :: General Board :: General Board and Spamming Central!-
Jump to: