Sugar Powder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugar Powder

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars

Go down 
+4
Namklim
etewxok
straightedgeminion
sootyxsnowpetal
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Huh... I'm at a friend's house and currently on the TV all three Star Wars (right now, it's The Revenge of the Sith) and The Lord of the Rings movies are playing. Don't know if you've seen them, but these epic movies are REALLY LONG!!! So long, in fact, that for a 5 hour long party, it's taking up the entire time ><

What are your opinions on these movies?
Back to top Go down
straightedgeminion

straightedgeminion

PostSubject: star wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 3:56 pm

Love star wars :-D

I saw that on t.v. too ! I had to stop eventually but still get around to watching it.

Lord of the Rings, I tried to read the books once, but never finished :/ I've seen part of the movie 1rst movie when I was in 3rd grade but left because I couldn't handle it :-)
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:30 pm

I have NEVER watched Star Wars, ever! I never got a chance to see it. :(

Yesterday I was just watching the end of the third movie from the Lord of the Rings. Go eagles!

I've read The Hobbit when I was in 6th grade. It took me about 2-3 months.
Back to top Go down
http://lallanda.myminicity.com/
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:29 pm

I don't especially like the genre for the Lord of the Rings, so I never read them. The first time I saw the books was when I was in 4th grade, and they looked like the high school types of books to me, so I never got to wanting to read them. My friend says her opinion on the book vs. movie thing is that the books are very confusing while the movie is shortened for the attention spans of those who do not have the patience to read the books.... -_____-

Those two movies ARE EXCRUTIATINGLY long. SO LONG!!! ><
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:34 pm

My class is learning about economy, and we were to write about something we wanted. My friends put Death Star, from Star Wars. XD

Movies are always cutting out parts from books, or else it'll be too long. I hear the 7th Harry Potter book is gonna be 2 movies because they didn't want to cut anything out.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:25 am

It's one thing when they cut stuff... it's another when they add things. But whatever. The movies were enjoyable enough. Star Wars 1-3 kinda messed with the continuity a little, but it was still nice for background.
Back to top Go down
deepaquamichi

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 pm

See! People love these movies! :P

Loveee Star Wars!! Lovee Lord of the Rings!

Who're your favorite characters?

My favorite Star Wars character is Obi-Wan. :)
Back to top Go down
straightedgeminion

straightedgeminion

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 4:17 pm

deepaquamichi wrote:
See! People love these movies! :P

Loveee Star Wars!! Lovee Lord of the Rings!

Who're your favorite characters?

My favorite Star Wars character is Obi-Wan. :)

I was always a fan of Ja Ja Binks

Loved him xD

Same with C3P0

:-)
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:37 pm

[quote="straightedgeminion"]
deepaquamichi wrote:

I was always a fan of Ja Ja Binks

Loved him xD

You do know that Jar Jar Binks is the most hated and un-needed character right?

Someone eliminated him and the movies flowed just find.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyTue May 20, 2008 8:50 pm

i'mm really not in those movies
there good but not in my taste Blush
Back to top Go down
http://www.xanga/sakuradan/
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:57 pm

saku_no_haruka wrote:
i'mm really not in those movies
there good but not in my taste Blush

there are*

Oh well. Not all movies are for everyone.

Last edited by Namklim on Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:35 pm

Because they're is too much fiction and I usually hate that^^
Back to top Go down
etewxok

etewxok

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyWed May 28, 2008 9:52 pm

My science teacher is always making us watch fiction movies. I just fall asleep. Sweat Drop
Back to top Go down
xlahhdeedahhx

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 12:36 pm

i dont like either x], they're too long to keep my attention. i fall asleep XD.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:39 pm

same here i just recently sa a movie about volcanoes.. so interesting.. NOT
I feel asleep...
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 11:01 pm

saku_no_haruka wrote:
I feel asleep...

Volcanoes =/= Star Wars or LotR.

the =/= is suppose to be the mathmatical symbol for not equal. C++ version might work better though...

Volcanoes != Star Wars or LotR.

But after that film class I took, I think my taste in movies might be a little weird... of the movies we saw, I liked very few of them. I could count on one hand how many I did.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:43 am

Namklim wrote:
saku_no_haruka wrote:
I feel asleep...

Volcanoes =/= Star Wars or LotR.

the =/= is suppose to be the mathmatical symbol for not equal. C++ version might work better though...

Volcanoes != Star Wars or LotR.

But after that film class I took, I think my taste in movies might be a little weird... of the movies we saw, I liked very few of them. I could count on one hand how many I did.
oh.. okay^^
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 3:30 am

saku_no_haruka wrote:

oh.. okay^^

Basically, I like Science fiction and I play D&D. So I liked both movies.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Namklim wrote:
saku_no_haruka wrote:

oh.. okay^^

Basically, I like Science fiction and I play D&D. So I liked both movies.
really that's good^^
Back to top Go down
sootyxsnowpetal

sootyxsnowpetal

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Film class? Wow they really do have a weird variety of classes you can take these days. I haven't seem many bad movies lately...

I still really think Lord of the Rings and Star Wars is extremely long.
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 5:03 pm

sootyxsnowpetal wrote:
Film class? Wow they really do have a weird variety of classes you can take these days. I haven't seem many bad movies lately...

The film class covered 1950-2000. We saw alot of films that the teacher liked... I didn't like most of them. Either the main characters were stupid (IQ), or the story wasn't very good, or some other problem with it. The top two movies we saw were really good though: Shawshank Redemption and 12 Angry Men (original).

You might not like Shawshank as it is also long. It doesn't feel long to me though.
Back to top Go down
karin
Admin
karin

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 pm

That's interesting! Was it an elective that you personally chose?

I think, by far, the coolest class that we had in our school for communications is radio broadcasting. Our school had our own radio station that cars dropping off students in the morning could tune in to.

Although I'm definitely sure our theater students took some class where they had to go through various broadway hits and famous movies.

Ok... off topic. ^^ You're really lucky to have that class available for you!
Back to top Go down
http://sugarpowder.wordpress.com/
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 2:05 am

Karinpear wrote:
That's interesting! Was it an elective that you personally chose?

I think, by far, the coolest class that we had in our school for communications is radio broadcasting. Our school had our own radio station that cars dropping off students in the morning could tune in to.

Although I'm definitely sure our theater students took some class where they had to go through various broadway hits and famous movies.

Ok... off topic. ^^ You're really lucky to have that class available for you!

I took it with a friend for a humanities requirement. It was an easy class, just annoying, unless we saw a good movie... which was rare... I don't know if we have any sort of radio class, I doubt we do though. It's a junior college, so I doubt there are any entertainment sections beyond music and theater.
Back to top Go down
saku_no_haruka

saku_no_haruka

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 4:22 pm

sootyxsnowpetal wrote:

it was was really long^^
Back to top Go down
Namklim

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:21 am

saku_no_haruka wrote:
sootyxsnowpetal wrote:

it was was really long^^

They didn't feel too long to me. But as said before, I like Sci-fi and D&D. Maybe if you watch them all in a row it would be...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars   The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next